Friday, December 11, 2009

Bittersweet

So on Sunday I start my job at Target in the pharmacy. I have stayed home for 2 years now. My husband is self employed and the winter is his hard time...he has a seasonal business and he is starting off on his own this coming summer from splitting with his business partner. So this winter is a rough one especially starting a new business this summer. So I have decided to get a job. It is bittersweet. One of the only reasons I am ok with it, is that my husband will be staying home with the girls during the day and he is working overnights. So we will work opposite shifts so no one will be in daycare. (Not that there is anything wrong with daycare or working moms, this is all just my personal preference, also there is no way we could afford daycare on 2 children) I had to work for the first 3 and a half years of Chloe's life and it was hard for me. I get stressed out really easy and exhausted really easy so to have to work full time and be a mom, wife and everything in between is really hard for me. The one thing that will be nice this time is that my husband will do most of the cleaning, laundry and cooking so it will get done. Ella is now almost ten and a half months, so I was able to spend all her baby days with her...but I have never really been away from here...so it will be hard to get used to not seeing her all the time!! I totally trust my amazing husband to do a great job being stay at home daddy...but he is really nervous because he knows how hard of a job it is to get it all done, plus take Chloe to and from school, naps and cooking. This is what we have to do in this season of our lives, but it won't be forever and I am excited for Dan to spend quality time with the girls. They all deserve that.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck Jessica! Everything will work out and I bet you can join the SAHM league again someday! Keep us updated and I will clear out time to make play dates with you guys again.

    ReplyDelete